Learning doesn't have to stop when you leave school, many people go on to further education.
College students are considering what to do next in their careers, be it teachers or whether to study for degrees in English Literature, but my workshop really comes into its own for those resitting their English GCSE.
So, if you work in a college and believe your students would get a kick out of a workshop where they'll learn how to start stories, build a character and hear about how they too can be a writer, take a look below and book your workshop today.
What do I offer in my college author workshop?
My workshop is flexible, fitting to the needs of the college. I offer two types of workshop:
- Creative Writing: I'll show students how to create story ideas
- 1st Line Hooks: I'll talk about grabbing a reader's attention from the start!
- Characters: Stories are great, but they're nothing without three-dimensional characters
- Story Starters: By the end of the workshop the students will have their own ideas for what stories they would like to write!
Some students prefer a talk and not creative writing exercises, so:
- Introduction: I'll talk about how I started as an author
- Workshop Talk: I'll guide students through what I do in schools, giving them tips on what captures the children's imaginations
- Reading: I'll do a reading from my book and show them what I do that makes children laugh
- Q&A: A Q&A!
I can do a mix of the two too, but that will depend on how long I have on the day.
How much do I charge?
I understand that budgets are tight in education these days, so that's why I only charge £150, whether I run one or four workshops during the day. And if you can guarantee ten pre-orders of my book before the workshop, I'll reduce the price to £120.
So, if you're interested in a workshop, get in touch, it would be great to meet you.