Literacy is important to every child in every school, that's why I visit as many as I can with my author workshop. It's not just for students who love to read and write their own stories, it's suitable for all. Also, if you book now, discounts are available!
Writing doesn't just including writing books, you can also become a writer by getting into film, TV, radio, theatre, comics, video games, newspapers and much more.
The possibilities are endless.
So, if you are looking to ignite sparks in the children you teach, my workshop could be right for you!
What do I offer your school?
My workshop is flexible, fitting to your needs. I can offer different things, depending on time. Here are just a few things I bring on the day:
- 1-3 readings: Taken from my book, The Bumpkinton Tales with interactive exercises after each.
- 1st line hooks: I'll teach the students how to GRAB the reader's attention.
- Motivation: I'll show the children how to start a story and give a character drive to push the story along.
- Characterisation: Let's flesh those characters out!
- Experiences: There's nothing like putting your own experiences into a story, I'll show them how.
- Q&A: The children can ask me anything they like about being an author, and I'll ask them stuff too!
- And much more!
The primary goal is to inspire the children to enjoy writing. I want to show them that being an author is fun and that you can lose yourself in worlds where absolutely anything can happen.
And they'll inspire me too. You're never too old to learn!
Who is it aimed at?
The workshop is aimed at all students across all the years in secondary school. Year 7's, 8's and 9's, the day is aimed towards 1st line hooks, characterisation and character motivation.
Year's 10 and 11 I do something a little different. While including some aspects of what I cover for Years 7-9, I will also tailor it to suit what they are learning at GCSE Level. Delving more into what you can do with your writing and encouraging further education on the subject.
If the child loves to read or write stories, they are welcome in the workshop. The workshop is flexible so that I can do it as a special day or as a presentation during an English class.
How much do I charge?
- One lesson/Half Day: £90 + travel expenses (depending on location, to be discussed.)
- Full Day: £150
If the above is a little much, I have another option.
- £60 - With the proviso, I can sell my books to Year's 8-11.
I am DBS accredited with the Home Office and will supply a copy of the certificate upon request. If you would like to know more, just fill in the form below to arrange a visit today!
School Visits Already Booked/Visited
|#1||8th September 2016||Ridgeway High School||Birkenhead|
|#2||21st September 2016||Savio Salesian College||Liverpool|
|#3||14th December 2016||Blue Coat School||Liverpool|
If you would like to book a visit, or would like more information, please fill in the contact form below and I will reply as soon as possible.
Matthew Drzymala - Author