The Dark Web: Introduction
Author: Geoff White, Bernard P. Achampong
Format: Audible Audio
Release Date: October 25, 2017
Listening length: 25 minutes; read by the author
Introduction to a 10-episode exposé on the depths of the internet. Each episode runs from 17 minutes to 34 minutes, averaging around 25 minutes:
• The Dark Web, Episode 1: The Birth of The Dark Web
• The Dark Web, Episode 2: The Untold Story of The Dark Web
• The Dark Web, Episode 3: Bitcoin's Days Are Numbered
• The Dark Web, Episode 4: How Not to Buy a Gun on The Dark Web
• The Dark Web, Episode 5: Hackers For Hire
• The Dark Web, Episode 6: The Virus Kingpin
• The Dark Web, Episode 7: Cyber Crime Inc.
• The Dark Web, Episode 8: The Child Porn Paradox
• The Dark Web, Episode 9: A Dark Force For Good
• The Dark Web, Episode 10: Anonymity on Trial
From sex trafficking and fraud to government secrets and anonymous hacking groups, this definitive exploration and exposé of the dark web go where no documentary has gone before.
The anonymous and lawless online environment of the Dark Web makes headlines on a daily basis. It touches all of our lives, without our knowledge, in many different ways. But where do the end and reality of the myths begin?
Tech writer and broadcaster Geoff White (Channel 4 News) wants to find out. He casts an investigatory light on the dark underworld of the internet. We join him on a shocking tour of its secrets, revealing corporate hackers, pedophile rings, fraud on an international scale, conspiracy theories, drug dealers, gun runners, spies, and specialist police investigators.
Driven by undercover recordings, anonymous contributors and expert interviews, this in-depth, journalistically-rigorous current affairs investigation leave no online stone unturned in its quest for the truth.